Some of the cancers that most often affect women are breast, colorectal, endometrial, lung, cervical, skin, and ovarian cancers. Knowing about these cancers and what you can do to help prevent them or find them early (when they are small, haven’t spread, and might be easier to treat) may help save your life.
What are the 4 types of female cancers?
The five main types of gynecologic cancer are: cervical, ovarian, uterine, vaginal, and vulvar.
What are symptoms of cancer in females?
10 cancer symptoms women shouldn’t ignore
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding. …
- Unexplained weight loss. …
- Vaginal discharge colored with blood. …
- Constant fatigue. …
- Loss of appetite or feeling full all the time. …
- Pain in the pelvis or abdominal area. …
- Changes in your bathroom habits. …
- Persistent indigestion or nausea.
What cancers are female?
Some of the cancers that most often affect women are breast, colon, endometrial, lung, cervical, skin, and ovarian cancers.
What are the worst cancers to have?
Top 5 Deadliest Cancers
- Prostate Cancer.
- Pancreatic Cancer.
- Breast Cancer.
- Colorectal Cancer.
- Lung Cancer.
What are the early symptoms of female reproductive cancers?
- Unusual vaginal bleeding, for example, after intercourse or after menopause.
- Watery vaginal discharge.
- A lump or mass in your vagina.
- Painful urination.
- Frequent urination.
- Pelvic pain.
What are 7 warning signs of cancer?
These are potential cancer symptoms:
- Change in bowel or bladder habits.
- A sore that does not heal.
- Unusual bleeding or discharge.
- Thickening or lump in the breast or elsewhere.
- Indigestion or difficulty in swallowing.
- Obvious change in a wart or mole.
- Nagging cough or hoarseness.
What does vaginal cancer look like?
These can include: An area on the vulva that looks different from normal – it could be lighter or darker than the normal skin around it, or look red or pink. A bump or lump, which could be red, pink, or white and could have a wart-like or raw surface or feel rough or thick. Thickening of the skin of the vulva.
What are the 12 signs of cancer?
More Cancer Signs and Symptoms
- Blood in the urine. …
- Hoarseness. …
- Persistent lumps or swollen glands. …
- Obvious change in a wart or a mole. …
- Indigestion or difficulty swallowing. …
- Unusual vaginal bleeding or discharge. …
- Unexpected weight loss, night sweats, or fever. …
- Continued itching in the anal or genital area.
What are reproductive cancers?
Reproductive cancers are cancers that occur in the reproductive organs. These are cancers in the breast, cervix, uterus, vulva, endometrium or ovaries.
What are the 3 major areas in the field of oncology?
The field of oncology has 3 major areas based on treatments: medical oncology, radiation oncology, and surgical oncology.
What causes reproductive cancers?
Inherited gene changes. A small percentage of ovarian cancers are caused by genes changes you inherit from your parents. The genes that increase the risk of ovarian cancer include BRCA1 and BRCA2. These genes also increase the risk of breast cancer.