What can I expect with endometrial cancer?
Signs and symptoms of endometrial cancer may include: Vaginal bleeding after menopause. Bleeding between periods. Pelvic pain.
Can endometrial cancer be cured?
Endometrial cancer can usually be cured because it is usually diagnosed early.
Is endometrial cancer fast spreading?
The most common type of endometrial cancer (type 1) grows slowly. It most often is found only inside the uterus. Type 2 is less common. It grows more rapidly and tends to spread to other parts of the body.
Can you live a long life after endometrial cancer?
If your cancer is likely to respond well to treatment, your doctor will say you have a favorable prognosis. This means you’re expected to live many years and may even be cured.
What were your first signs of endometrial cancer?
The most likely symptoms are:
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding or discharge, which occurs in nine out of 10 women with endometrial cancer. …
- Vaginal discharge that may range from pink and watery to thick, brown, and foul smelling.
- Difficult or painful urination.
- An enlarged uterus, detectable during a pelvic exam.
What is the bleeding like with endometrial cancer?
The most common symptom of endometrial cancer is abnormal vaginal bleeding, ranging from a watery and blood-streaked flow to a flow that contains more blood. Vaginal bleeding during or after menopause is often a sign of a problem. If you are concerned about any changes you experience, please talk with your doctor.
Can endometrial cancer come back after hysterectomy?
Endometrial cancer is most likely to recur in the first three years after the initial treatment, though late recurrence is also possible. If you would like to speak with a physician at Moffitt Cancer Center about endometrial cancer or undergoing a hysterectomy, we invite you to request an appointment.
Where does endometrial cancer spread first?
In general, uterine cancer can metastasize to the rectum or bladder. Other areas where it may spread include the vagina, ovaries and fallopian tubes. This form of cancer is typically slow growing and often detected before it has spread to more distant areas of the body.
What are the warning signs of uterine cancer?
Signs of Uterine Cancer
- Unusual vaginal bleeding or spotting. …
- Abnormal vaginal discharge that may be bloody or non-bloody.
- Any bleeding from the vagina after menopause.
- A mass or tumor in your lower abdomen (belly) that you can feel.
- Pain in your pelvic area or lower abdomen (belly)
- Losing weight without trying.
Does endometrial cancer cause weight gain?
Results: About two-thirds of all endometrial patients gained more or less weight after the diagnosis of endometrial cancer.
What are the main causes of endometrial cancer?
Endometrial Cancer Causes and Risk Factors
- Diet high in animal fat.
- Family history of endometrial, ovarian and/or colon cancers (hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer)
- Starting monthly periods before age 12.
- Late menopause.
- Infertility (inability to become pregnant)
- Never having children.